Manual Lathe Operator PositionBack to career listings
Become part of the SaberForge team
We are looking for qualified candidates for a manual lathe operator to hand sand and assemble sabers at our Oregon City headquarters. As an operator you will be sanding and finishing parts for assembly. This is a detail oriented job focused on small details. If hired on, we offer Medical, Dental, and 401K. You will work independently as part of a team with other lathe operators building custom sabers. This is a full time position working from 9am to 5pm.
During an introductory in person interview, there will be a skill assessment. The test is designed to evaluate your manual lathe knowledge and technique. If you sufficiently demonstrate experience, proficiency, and safety we will then ask you to lathe sand a smooth brushed finish onto a saber with direction from a department lead. We will evaluate your quality, finish, and speed. This is how we will determine if you have the skills to make the best sabers in the galaxy.
- Use best practices to sand, polish, and modify sabers cleanly and efficiently
- Work under minimal direction and exercise judgment
- Maintain personal and productivity goals
- Troubleshoot and solve problems
- Maintain clean workstation
- Contribute to a positive and inclusive work environment
- Minimum 1 year previous manual lathe experience
- Manual sanding, polishing, and finishing skills preferred
- Experience working in a warehouse and/or factory setting
- Knowledge of basic shop math
- Tolerance knowledge
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Knowledge and ability to use computers
- High attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
We are proud to offer the best compensation package possible for our employees.
New hires start at $19/hr and can progress to $20/hr if 80% quota is met during 30 day probation. Can progress to $24/hr if 100% quota is met over 12 Month period. Further raises are possible based on performance.
- $19 - $24/Hour DOE
- 100% employer covered health care
- 100% employer covered vision and dental
- 401k with 4% employer matching
- Paid lunch
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick time
- Paid vacation time
- Catered lunches on Friday
- 30% Employee discount
Take your time to review the job description, qualifications and the department you are applying to. Cater your resume for the position and apply using the button below.Apply Now